SOLAR MAJENGO VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Solar Majengo is a volunteer initiative led by Lisa Oelke and includes a team of Ontario solar professionals who are donating their time and expertise to design, oversee and deliver a 6.7 kWp off-grid rooftop solar array at the Majengo Children’s home in rural Tanzania. Tanya Dhir, Michael Vance, Tim Burke, Heather Findlay along with Lisa Oelke comprise the team. The website is www.smilemajengo.com. Our facebook page is www.facebook.com/solarmajengo.
Majengo is a not for profit recognized Ontario charity.
We are looking for a volunteer to donate approximately 6-10 hours per week for a 4 month period commencing early August until early December.
- Research applicable grant opportunities in Ontario and within Africa
- Email and phone prospects for funding and corporate sponsorship
- Manage the flow of information between the team members
- Track funds raised and grants received and share with the team
- Assist with social media campaign, Facebook, twitter, website and Linkedin
- Coordinate fundraising events including a September golf tournament
- Communicate with the distributor/installer in Tanzania as required
- Assist with logistics and travel planning
The chosen candidate will be given a reference for future employers, as well as gain access through introductions to key players in the Ontario solar market. This role is self-guided and requires a detailed and organized individual. The opportunity to join the solar team when they travel to Tanzania to oversee the solar installation in Nov. of 2014 will be made available however the costs to participate will be at their own expense. Estimated cost is $2600-$3000. Receipts will be provided from the charity for use as a tax write off. Travel shots are required for entry into Tanzania and are at traveler’s expense.
Interested parties should send their resume and cover letter prior to August 21 to: email@example.com